Thursday 16 September 2010

3. Song Choice

The song my group and I decided on was Lady Gaga's 'Monster' track from her album 'The Fame Monster'. We had a vi son of a pop video and we thought would work well with a pop song. We started gathering ideas from bands like 'S Club 7', but figured we wanted someone new and contemporary, but has a track that hasn't got a video yet. We typed in 'pop video' into a genera search on YouTube and up came Gaga accepting an award for best Pop video. Then we all thought of a song that doesn't have a video and that we all love, which was 'Monster'. It is relevant to our generation and her music videos have been controversial to many people gaining influence from people like 'Madonna' and 'Michael Jackson'. Her videos are so clever and match with her songs very well and her genre. It would make a good digi pack and advertisement also as most of Lady Gaga's advertising etc. is linked in some way to the video/album either through pictures/writing etc. Don't call me GaGa I've never seen one like that before Don't look at me like that You amaze me He ate my heart He a-a-ate my heart (You little monster) He ate my heart He a-a-ate my heart out (You amaze me) Look at him Look at me That boy is bad And honestly He's a wolf in disguise But I can't stop staring in those evil eyes I asked my girlfriend if she'd seen you round before She mumbled something while we got down on the floor baby We might've fucked not really sure, don't quite recall But something tells me that I've seen him, yeah That boy is a monster M-M-M-Monster That boy is a monster M-M-M-Monster That boy is a monster Er-er-er-er He ate my heart (I love that girl) He ate my heart (Wanna talk to her, she's hot as hell) He licked his lips Said to me Girl you look good enough to eat Put his arms around me Said "Boy now get your paws right off me" I asked my girlfriend if she'd seen you round before She mumbled something while we got down on the floor baby We might've fucked not really sure, don't quite recall But something tells me that I've seen him, yeah That boy is a monster M-M-M-Monster That boy is a monster M-M-M-Monster That boy is a monster Er-er-er-er He ate my heart (I love that girl) He ate my heart (Wanna talk to her, she's hot as hell) He ate my heart He ate my heart Instead he's a monster in my bed I wanna Just Dance But he took me home instead Uh oh! There was a monster in my bed We french kissed on a subway train He tore my clothes right off He ate my heart then he ate my brain Uh oh uh oh (I love that girl) (Wanna talk to her, she's hot as hell) That boy is a monster M-m-m-monster (Could I love him?) That boy is a monster M-m-m-monster (Could I love him?) That boy is a monster M-m-m-monster (Could I love him?) That boy is a monster Er-er-er-er These are the lyrics for the song. Fortunately, the one profanity in the song is not spoken throughout but otherwise my group have come up with a theme of old style black and white B side horror movies, incorporating iconic 'Monsters' like Phantom of the Opera, Frankenstein, Dracula etc. This is the basic idea and something that we think Lady Gaga might do with her wild and unique image in both her videos and style. Also, to link to her other videos like 'Paparazzi' and 'Telephone', we discussed having a short movie style like Michael Jackson's 'thriller' and incorporating credits and film reels into the video to make it have a vintage/ iconic edge by the use of visual effects like camera work and those you see in cinemas where the little black spots appear on the screen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U Lady Gaga's 'Telephone'.

2 comments:

  1. Fine. A few typos that need fixing but otherwise fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are working at a B grade level but need to fix spelling mistakes and use more creative ways of showing your research to move up to the highest grade.

    ReplyDelete